They aren't clean or healthy, but you could make a few adjustments to improve them:
- Use ground turkey instead of beef
- Avoid the glaze (but it's the best part, so I'm willing to just eat more salad the next day to keep the glaze)
- Serve open-faced (1/2 the roll)
- Replace with vegan cheese, or even just nix the cheese and swirl some hot sauce over the top. The filling was delicious!
- Dinner Rolls (I used these, but any dinner rolls would work)
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 2 cups of diced onion
- 1 can of Ro-Tel
- Sharp cheddar
I made my sliders ahead of time, then took them to my friend's house to bake. I was worried that the bottom of the sliders would get soggy, but they didn't. I drained off the beef, and drained the Ro-Tel, so there really isn't much liquid. I took off the aluminum for the last 5 minutes, and the glaze on the top, was SO good.
Original and full-version of the recipe is here. Thanks for an incredible meal, Kevin & Amanda!